Whether itís called financial literacy, personal finance or money management, young people need to know how to balance a checkbook, save for future needs and get the most for their money.
Great-West Great-Teachers® financial literacy grant initiative is designed to financially assist Colorado educators in teaching their students the basics and beyond.
As required by legislation enacted in 2008, new Personal Financial Literacy (PFL) expectations for grades P–12 were adopted by the state of Colorado on December 10, 2009, and are required to be implemented in all public schools. These PFL Grade Level Expectations and Evidence Outcomes are embedded in the revised standards.
PFL expectations are intended to provide students with the essential knowledge and skills that will enable them to:
- manage savings, investment and checking accounts
- design and maintain a household budget
- manage personal debt and personal credit options
- understand consumer credit and finance
- understand short-term and long-term investment options
- develop and evaluate risk-management strategies
Great-West Great-Teachers is a program of Great-West Financial℠.